A Silent Songbird


 

To you that heard my whispers 

across the ocean

Felt my turmoil in your bones, 

I felt your conflict beneath my feet
like a stone

Like a crackle in the air were your cries to me

Do accept this frail rope of connection

Not long enough 
to swing anywhere

Not strong enough 
to pull you out of anything

Just to know someone is there.
 
I'll listen for you, when I take my evening stroll

I'll listen for the song of a sweet little bird.. 

Wings worn and weary

How long have you crooned without being heard? 

We that are being set alight like an errant weed, recognize the sounds of agony

When you are settling in for tea

And aching for company

Save me a chair

Know that I am there. 

And I like it sweet.






Comments

  1. That rings right into my heart. A frail rope of connection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a tug anytime you so choose :)

      Delete

Post a Comment