The Debilitating Pressures of Being a Snarky Bitch


"So what if this house should burn down?
For once there may be warmth 
inside these dreary walls..."


And you! 

Why are you so cold? 

Why does your heart never thaw

Who should I be, where should I go

For your anger to be satisfied? 

It wouldn't matter if I brought bread down from heaven... 

You despise me so, you can't even hide

Why won't you just look at me? 

Approval...disapproval

On and on the pendulum swings, both ends sting

But not love. Never love

I'm tired of making excuses, of hiding behind you

I'm tired of you hiding behind me

Come out and show your true skin. 

I'd rather you snapped, mocked and spat

But your heart is closed completely

You look my way and don't even see me

It must be true...I'm barely alive, I'm dead to you

You wrote me off long ago

And now I'm just an errant ghost invading your home

How I've tried, how I've sliced... 

And tested my words in fire

Still they taste to you sour


Comments