The Sunshine Diaries






07:00 am

I awake in a tangle of limbs. 

The previous night's questions linger on my skin. 

Who will I be? Where will I go? 

07:05 am
... A quick shower washes all uncertainty away... 
Head held high, I start my day
My mission, always, is to keep it that way. 

08:00 am
I eat sweetened fantasy for breakfast
(freshly baked last night) and wash it down 
with a steaming cup of excitement. 

10:00 am
I've missed it, the hustle and bustle of working on my feet
The poetry and politics of it all
The exhilarating rush
or fear, that any moment now the pressure will crush me

12:00 am
It never does. 
And though I kick and make a fuss.. 
I enjoy it very much. 

14:00 am
The hours pass listlessly
Slowly my head starts to droop
to my shoulders 
By the time I return home,
I am but a puddle on the floor. 


















Comments