What I've Been Up To - Pt 2

So I did it, I got a job.

I ticked the all-important box. 

Everyday I wake up and have a destination laid out before me.

I wonder if that's all it's about, not money nor safety

But to keep from wandering aimlessly. 

To be a part of something real. 

My days consist of chalkboards,

Clammy hands and little critters

we refer to, as children 

But in reality they're creatures of mischief 

Sweaty smiley kids with endless questions

They lean forward in their desks, eager and thirsty

For something in short supply

To be seen noticed, given the occasional pat on the shoulder 

A firm yet indulgent smile

I tower over them, the only source in sight for miles

This is a ruse, I realize

A shelter disguised as school

The pencils and uniform mere costume 

I play my role as best I can, though I stumble over my lines

I am learning from them too. 

All in all, not the worst way to spend my time. 

Now stand up straight, get in line

That's Miss Sunshine to you. 







Comments

Post a Comment