Stirring The Pot






I am cooking something from the
unlikeliest of ingredients:
A dash of harsh winter season-ing
A pinch of the salt on my wounds
Slices of bitter fruit. 
In summer I took you with me 
as we frolicked among the trees, 
picking blueberries.
Now I'm left gazing at a darkened sky. 
And though I am being split open, 
sliced upon a chopping board
and set on fire... 
That my pain would result in a pleasant plate
Is the hope upon I rely. 
So gather your coats, 
I am throwing a feast
For the lost and the least. 




PS : 
The past year I've been on a ride 
trying to find light in the darkest of places,
and here I am finally brave enough 
to face the darkness. 
Acknowledging that both reside in me 
and both have their place and purpose. 
I've started a baby blog in honour 
of the dark clouds that eclipse the sunshine...
Do not think of it as good blog /sad blog but rather a labour of self discovery.

Comments