Questions I Asked Myself This Week - 2

  1. What light, could possibly come from me?
  2. What do I do with all this pain, where do I take it? 
  3. Who can I tell, who can I talk to?
  4. Was I too harsh, too quick to judge them? 
  5. Oh dad, will I ever stop missing you?
  6. How long will you keep running in place and calling it progress?


Answers :
  1. Gentle correction: the light I possess doesn't come from me to begin with. I do not have light I was made light, I can neither ignite nor put it out.
  2. Ah, but look at all the pretty art I've made from it. 
  3. I can only speak it in whispers, the hunch of my shoulders. My pillow dampens and withers, from all the secrets I've told her. 
  4. No, I did what was best for me then. And I'm happy you've changed, that you left your old ways but I will never be the home where you stay. 
  5. Sometimes I like to pretend you are a mere train ride away, that I'm just visiting family over the holidays. That you're alright and all in one piece, that we're gonna be just fine, you'll see. 
  6. My battles are silent and my victories are shy. But I am moving, too fast for the naked eye. 

Comments

  1. Thoughtful and Beautiful. Merry Christmas Naledi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment