High Note




Lyrics:


Verse 1

Hey, God

 If I've any prayer to pray

Any request to require of you

this endless, aimless day

God, I ask for nothing 

but that you 

Give my heart a song to sing


Bridge

Just to carry me through... 

A gentle hymn

A simple tune, 

Of violin

and soft flute. 


Verse 2

Give my heart a song to sing

It very well may be 

that my worries continue to

wage war with me. 

And my enemies enrage me endlessly

That anxiety attacks again

And fears fight me fiercely 

That my struggles are far from the end 


Bridge 2

Still, on this I depend

My face will not be bruised 

so long as it looks upon you 

My heart will dance

So long as it sits in your hand. 

Give my heart a song to sing 



 

Comments

  1. As someone once said the invisible waters from heaven run through us like a silent song, hope you find yours soon...........even I'm trying to find mine. Beautiful prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate that so much, thank you Jossina ❤️ He gave me one eventually

      Delete
  2. Isiah 40:29-31 "But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength , they shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faith"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment