It's A Small World






My world is so tiny

Its borders close in on me 

with a dense population of three

I do the same thing every day 

and the next day, and the next week. 

As for currency, why, I don't have two pennies 

to rub together. 

All debts are settled in poetry.

As for travel, we don't go anywhere 
(with our feet) 

We much prefer to read. 

There are few sights to see, 

Just the ocean and sun-kissed fruit 
in the field... 

Oh but my world is beautiful. 

I indulge in one simple pleasure a day
... reveling in the beauty of the sky. 

Though I am often buried in the dust

My shoes caked with mud. 

At least I have this view

Leaving becomes more inconceivable
by the day, I regret.

But you are welcome to stay. 

You'll love what I've done with the place:

... a library in the third wing

and the koi fish pond is new...



Comments