A Little Bit of Darkness

"I tell ya what Sam, I think you're plenty 
inspirational when you're not trying to be..." 


The past few weeks I've struggled to share a poem I wrote. Over and over again my hand hovered over the send button and I talked myself out of it. 
It's not pretty, or flattering in any light. 
And even though I don't completely believe it, there must be a little part of me that does. 
You know, the part that wrote it...

But somehow I got it into my head that I was meant to inspire others with my words. 
But it feels like a lie, the need to present myself as well-adjusted all the time. I think about the nights I soaked my pillow and when I was all out of cry, I'd write. 
Nothing pretty, nothing that made you smile. 
Pain wrung me dry, but it also inspired me. 
I reckon you need this too, my personal broken. Unsure, uncertain, insecure, scared out of my mind, lonely...so very lonely, weak, disappointed.  
A hand to squeeze in the dark if I couldn't lift us out. 

Here is the poem in question : Read







Comments

  1. Everything about your writing is endearing ,come out of the dark you must! And before that a hand to squeeze would you sure ly find . The divine always conspires towards your desires. But for our desires

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated, Jossina. I love the sound of that.

      Delete
  2. The imagery portrayed here is so profound and capturing ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment