Fool Circle

Thus, the quest to "find myself" has been one grand celestial crank call (see: big joke) 

I was never lost. I've always known who I was and what I wanted.

The real issue at hand is and always was, accepting myself.

And so, like most stories go... Mine ends right back at the beginning. Back to the fetal position. Or maybe further than that. When I was a hulk of cells, or maybe further more. When the earth was without form.

The good ol' days, where days lasted eternity and eternity a day. Sometimes when I pray, it all comes back to me.


There's a yearning

Burning inside me

It seems I'm aging backwards

Trying to get back to that place

Where I was everything and nothing

all wrapped up in one

The end and the beginning

with no boundary line

I'm not fighting for my dreams

I'm fighting for what's real

Greatness can't be achieved

It can only be retrieved

It was a stormy December

When I remembered

That I was once complete

and at peace

My entire existence has been a

Relearning

a returning, revisiting

a relocation, recollection 

I lived before I lived

I danced before the beat

Now I have to lather, rinse

and repeat

I've been recalling the rhythm ever since.

Comments