A Poem About Nothing

I've been thinking lately, about constellations

Forgive me, I do not think myself above my station-

It would be proper, real polite, of me to keep my head down

Finish the labour work I left on the ground.


I dare not dream aloud

Merely thinking it, I overstep my bounds. 

When I've tucked in and made sure no one's looking 

I reach a hand to the stars,

and for a moment... 

I'm the biggest thing in the sky


It isn't very often I cross the line. 

But I brave the journey tonight 

My steps resemble a little bird taking flight for the first ti-

Yet nothing has changed. 

I know my place, the small patch of earth where my name is engraved 

Almost sinister, it awaits my return from space. 

But for a second I linger, 

Clasping the moon between my fingers... 

I don't have the might of heroes 

Nor the beauty from of old

My voice is not made for song.. 

But in this tiny stolen moment, 

I'm capable of flight. 


Comments