Happy Birthday to Me

Forecast : a new dawn


Was it just a week ago that I wrote about my birthday wish? Though I duck my head and avert my gaze at the thought, it weighed so heavily upon me at the time. I must maintain my dignity as the face of this blog at all times, but a few tears were involved.

I want to feel loved and appreciated, just like anyone else. But if my very world's collapsing at the thought, something uglier is at play. 
Pride? Entitlement? A charmed life? 
I've clearly got some growing up to do. 

At least my timing's impeccable. 

It's just a day, really. Twenty four hours, a single rotation of the Earth...just like all the others. 
Upon reflection, I'm most thankful to be able to see this day with my loved ones above all gifts and magic tricks. Though I will accept the latter with enthusiasm. 

Here's why I won't delete the post in question : 
Growth. 
Might I point out, once again, such perfect timing

Comments