Do Not Go Gentle



"Do not go gentle into that good night
Rage, rage against the dying of the light"

- Dylan Thomas 

~~~



It's in the wee hours of a Sunday night that I power up my laptop, and after a moment's hesitation, type "Writing prompts for a blogger" into Google search.
I should feel ashamed for stealing, but I'm not.
I tell myself I only need a peek and if genuine inspiration occured...then it didn't really count.
I tell myself the internet was teeming with ideas, so nothing was truly original anyway.
I remind myself of the full year I struggled to fill a blank screen and a tiny Kilmonger began yelling in my head: "Is this yo' DREAM?"



I should feel ashamed for doubting myself, for typing it, but I'm not.
The only thing that shames me is that it took only a moment's hesitation for my fingers to start tapping away.
For Kilmonger to win.
Next time I'll take two moments. And a meditation session. And a lengthy cup of tea. Then maybe a chapter from my latest read.
Let the fight happen, but I choose the manner of defeat. I will not go gently.
This is my dream.