Excerpts from my future novel

I contemplated the mirror and my complete lack of sleeves.
Did my arms really need to see daylight? Honestly, this top must've been ripped off the kiddies section, it's that small.
On the plus side, the only competitors I had were currently napping in day care.
A timid glance at my watch said I had 2 more minutes to panic excessively until my ride got here.

What was I doing?
I didn't need confidence...I just needed to channel confidence.
Or at least someone who had it.
Let's see, let's see.

What would Beyoncè do? 
Okay, stupid question.
The woman could smoke meth and people would applaud her recreational support.
What would Rihanna do? 
Easy. She wouldn't even touch a bra. She'd hike up the skirt then, deciding it's not revealing enough, ditch it for booty shorts.
Okay, now we're headed the right place...but maybe just a tad too fast for me.

Come on, come on. Who walked tall and commanded a room without even trying?
John Wick, that's who.

Something clicks in my Goldilocks gauge. It's juuust right.
What would he say?
It doesn't take much effort to conjure his voice.
"It's not the length of the skirt that matters, it's the size of the blade strapped under it."

Oh my gosh, that's it! Because none of this frill and fabric is worthy of note...it's the person and power I yield beneath them that truly matters!

"Uh, no. It just makes for better fight scenes."

Oh.